Sunday, January 16, 2011

INNER SELF (Demanding More From One's Self)

INNER SELF (Demanding More From One's Self)
By Miles Patrick Yohnke

In my life I've met many a person, many an artist. Unfortunately most never reach their goals. I asked myself why? Over the years I have been watching, studying, and analyzing how it is that some people make it and others don't.

One of the reasons I believe some achieve their goals is their inner self.

The people I've been privileged to watch succeed have an intensity about them. They demand everything from themselves. They show up everyday, in fact every moment, and they are accountable to themselves. Everything they do has a hard statement, and they know when to stop. Very impressive.

I asked an artist recently why he wasn't where he wanted to be. His reply was, "It seems I want to learn, maybe you might say that learning was what I really wanted to do, more than achieve."

We have to stop telling people what we are going to do, what we have not yet accomplished, and tell them instead what we have accomplished. Only in this way can we be accountable for our actions. I am not accountable for achievements I have not yet reached, but I am what I have accomplished.

What steps are you going to take today to achieve?

No comments:

Post a Comment